Okay, so I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try! I was a little skeptical and I asked myself how in the world this was possible. Well, it is. This pizza is amazing.
Let me say that again..
Plus it’s really simple to prepare. Always a plus!
- 1 (8 oz) package of Full Fat Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 2 Eggs
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
For The Pizza:
- 1/2 Cup Jarred Marinara Sauce
(I used 1/4 Cup because I’m a “Light Sauce” person)*
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Serving Hormel Pepperoni Original (or whatever topping you want!)
* Finding a sauce that doesn’t contain added sugar is not easy but I did find a “no sugar added” by Ragu that with the oregano & garlic powder tastes fantastic on this pizza. You could use your own recipe but I know my families recipe calls for sugar so I opted to try jarred!
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Grease 13x9 Baking Dish
(Instead of butter I use Berkley & Jensen Cooking Spray. 0 Carb, 0 Cal)
- Blend Cream Cheese, Eggs, Ground Pepper & Garlic Powder
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir until combined
- Pour into baking dish
- Bake for 17 minuted or until golden brown
- Let cool for 10 minutes before adding toppings
- After crust has cooked, raise oven to 400°
- Mix together Sauce, Garlic Powder & Oregano
- Top crust with Sauce and spread evenly
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese
- Add Pepperoni & additional desired toppings
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly
This pizza really surprised me. It’s delicious! I had it for dinner and I’m planning to have it again tomorrow for lunch!
The crust is not as crisp as traditional pizza, it reminds me more like the consistency of quiche. But as long as you make sure you cook it ‘til the top is golden brown and let it cool those 10 minutes you will be good.
Total Net Carbs: 17
Total Net Sugar: <4